General Feedback

How can we improve Tracepot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Mark device as a dev device.

What would be really good would be if in the UI you could mark a device that had reported a crash as a dev device and all reports from that device would now be develop mode. That way dev and release would be automatically separated without code modification.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      started  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Improve issue grouping, or make configurable

So far only two crashes have come in to Tracepot naturally, and they've both been grouped into one "issue" which isn't correct.

The top level exception in the stack trace in these two crashes is different, but I believe Tracepot is trying to be smart and decides which part of the stack trace is relevant for grouping (presumably that is the line which is highlighted in bold in the stack trace, and I'm guessing that is determined as the first trace element which contains the app package name).

The problem with the grouping is that almost all crashes from our…

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        You have left! (?) (thinking…)
        2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Andrew,

We group issues by class name, file name (including the line number) and app version code. We do not use the whole first line of a stack trace anymore because it created lots of issues where only the first line was slightly different but the rest of the stack trace was the same. Usually when an ID of some sort is included that changes every time like a window ID.

But I understand your problem. You are catching javascript exceptions and re-throwing them as java exceptions. In the current state all happens in the same file with the same class name and therefore is grouped as 1 issue.

This is not an easy task to solve because I need to take into consideration stack traces from all other apps and there is no clear sign that this is javascript exception so use different grouping. I found some pattern…

• Add comment on crash

Hello,

I like your tools, I tested it since few days and it's really cool. By the way, a little improvement could be the possibility to add comment on a crash without closing it. Is it possible to add it in the future ?

Regards

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)