Allow searching for exact / full strings
At present if I search for a string such as "TypeError: Cannot read property 'getContext'" using the Stack Trace filter, it seems to include results which contain ANY of the words I enter.
This produces unexpected and unhelpful search results, such as this: https://i.imgur.com/mrFdUU2.png
I can't figure out a way to do an exact match, so I'm left hoping that one of the words in the error is unique enough that I can enter that word alone.
In this case that's the case and it works fine: https://i.imgur.com/jxGLQzR.png
However in others it's less useful, as there isn't anything unique or it's a symbol: https://i.imgur.com/VpEtwEu.png
Please make it possible to search for a full string, perhaps by enclosing it in "quote marks" or by adding a dropdown for search type.
Additionally, if you do go down the route of adding a dropdown option it would be even more helpful to be able to match using regular expressions too!
You can now search using the following special characters:
- + signifies AND operation,
- | signifies OR operation,
- - negates a single token,
- " wraps a number of tokens to signify a phrase for searching,
- * at the end of a term signifies a prefix query,
- ( and ) signify precedence,
- ~N after a word signifies edit distance (fuzziness),
- ~N after a phrase signifies slop amount
In order to search for any of these special characters, they will need to be escaped with \.
Andrew Beveridge commented
Thanks a bunch, this will make searching / report management much easier!